Durable Powers of Attorney and Advance Healthcare Directives
Durable Power of Attorney Lawyer in San Marcos
Also helping clients in Oceanside, Escondido, Carlsbad, and Vista.
Why do so many business owners, parents, and otherwise responsible individuals delay and defer taking care of estate planning and end of life planning?
The answer probably has to do with our fear of loss of control. Life is chaotic enough. Right now, you still have your senses. But if you suddenly became sick, mentally ill, or otherwise incapacitated, who could take care of your family and children, run your business, maintain financial order in your household, and deal with logistical and legal issues that crop up?
One way to wrangle with these questions – regain some sense of control – is to establish a durable power of attorney. If you lose your capacity to make good decisions, due to mental illness, injury, or physical sickness, durable power of attorney lets you designate another authority to make decisions on your behalf and act as your legal representative.
Advantages to Talking with a San Marcos Lawyer about Durable Power of Attorney
- Avoid frustrating scenarios in which an ill-informed spouse, relative, or guardian makes bad decisions on your behalf;
- Help friends and family members stay calm and clear thinking if/when you get sick or otherwise incapacitated;
- Prevent annoying tax consequences or legal trouble in the event of your incapacity;
- Give you peace of mind about your future, freeing you up to concentrate on more urgent tasks regarding your business, family, or personal affairs;
- Relieve burden on your spouse, children, business partners, and other dependents.
What’s Holding You Back from Investigating the Durable Power of Attorney Option?
Whether you opt for an estate planning solution like a living trust, durable power of attorney, pour-over will or other solution, some planning is better than no planning. Unfortunately, many San Marcos citizens are too confused by their options to act or too overwhelmed by end of life issues to make decisions. And so they don’t act. And this creates long-term potential problems. At the Law Office of Darius Khayat, we will help you work through whatever issues you have – be they financial, logistical, legal or even emotional – so that you get on track towards gaining control over your life, your care, and your family’s future.
The Law Office of Darius Khayat serves San Marcos as well as surrounding communities, including Carlsbad, Vista, Escondido, and Oceanside. Call us now: 760-591-0245.